Thursday 15 September 2016

My Build: The Face

'The Face' was something that was a first for me to do, a unplanned build and with no real design what so ever. The build was originally inspired by Nathan Sawaya's amazing Lego artwork, such as many of his builds at 'The Art Of The Brick'. 

Very much unlike this model, Sawaya's artwork is planned, only builds with simplest parts, such as 2x4 or 2x2 bricks and also uses a uniform colour. Now this model was built up of anything I had to hand which seemed to make the build structurally sound. 

As you can see the model is made up multiple amount of colours from Lego's palette. What might not be obvious is that I used a lot of different types of bricks to create the model, these included, corner, technic and slopped bricks, etc. 

The whole thing is hollow but to keep some of the structure together there are some technic beams to hold a lot of it all up.

I don't know about you but I think as a first try at sculpting with Lego, that bad. I might later on build another out of one colour, like Sawaya. You never know it might even look 10x better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment